Planning for some exotic holidays? where you can relax and feast your eyes with the beauty of nature. The best and amazing place in India where you can get both rest & relaxation and beauty is Andaman & Nicobar Islands. India has so many places but there is no place like Andaman & Nicobar Islands here – Andaman & Nicobar Islands: A trip to the serene & scenic islands.
With pristine beaches, clear blue waters, exotic corals and marine life, all that you will get at one place. Andaman and Nicobar islands is a perfect place for family holidays, honeymooners, nature lovers, and adventure seekers. The serene beauty and scenic surroundings will take you into some other world. Andaman has the most beautiful beaches, ancient history, alluring trails, and a perfect place to spend your holidays.
The islands are way amazing to explore and experience the vibes of nature.
Here is some information about the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The exotic Andaman and Nicobar Islands comprises of 572 islands out of which only 38 are inhabited. The Andaman islands are separated from the Nicobar Islands in a 150 km area which known as a ten-degree channel. With 325 islands Andaman has an amazing beauty to explore and with just 24 islands Nicobar offers amazing beauty too.
Myanmar is very close to Andaman at a distance of 190 km Sumatra, Indonesia at 150km. There are a lot of Islands that are unexplored and inhabited by the crowd.
It is good to know the history of the place you are traveling to. History helps us to understand the place and the locals. The Andaman islands has a great ancient history with the British colonial era. King Rajendra Chola I was the first ruler in the islands between 1014 to 1042 AD. Later the Islands were purchased by the British East India Company in 1869.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a perfect example of spending holidays in leisure and fun. The peace and vibes of the place is amazing. With a lot of scenic destinations and surreal landscapes of nature make Andaman truly a paradise for travelers.
Here are some popular places to visit:
- Cellular Jail
- Samudrika Marine Museum
- Corbyn’s cave
- Chidiya Tapu
- Wandoor Beach and Jolly Buoy Island
- Chatham Sawmill
- North Bay Island
- Ross Island
- Havelock Islands- The Elephant Beach and Radhanagar Beach
- Neil Island
- Baratang Island
- Cinque Island
- Diglipur and North Andaman- Ross & Smith Island
- Limestone caves
And many more places are there where you can enjoy and make memories of your holidays.
Some Amazing Things to do in Andaman:
- Water sports
- Scuba Diving
- Waterplane ride
- Island hopping
Where to stay in Andaman Islands?
There are a lot of options available that will fit into your budget. Port Blair and Havelock Island has so many stay options. From luxurious hotels to resorts and from guesthouses to hostels, you will get good stay options at Andaman.
What to eat in Andaman?
You will get every type of food in Andaman from Seafood to North Indian thali. There are a lot of famous cafes and restaurants like Full moon cafe, Red Snapper, Anju-coco resto, and Black Beard bistro. Few islands have very limited food options.
Best time to visit Andaman Islands:
The beautiful destination can be visited throughout the year. However, monsoons are counted as not a good time to visit because of heavy rainfalls, heavy tides, and wind storms. The ideal time to visit Andaman is from Mid-November to March. The climate in Andaman mostly remains humid. Winters are not so cold here. The weather remains pleasant and calm.
Some travel tips or information:
- Mobile networks or internet connectivity can vanish on some islands. Internat and wifi are quite bad here. Spend some days without your mobile and internet to enjoy the best of nature.
- You will find a no. of ATMs in Port Blair. There are a few islands that have ATM machines. It is advised to carry minimum cash with you.
- Andaman is quite safe and pretty to travel. The peaceful and scenic surroundings of the islands will amaze you and make you stay longer. It is advised not to walk in the tribal areas or restricted areas alone or without permission. And keep in mind the safety measures at the sea or while doing some activity.
- Do not carry any valuables at the beach. Beware of thieves and pocket-pickers.
- Explore the nearby areas and interact with local people to know more about the place.
Plan a week-long trip to the magical islands and spend your holidays to the fullest. Make memories, do adventure activities, visit the best scenic spots and a lot more fun at Andaman. It is good to explore the islands of India and travel to the best places.
Live. Travel. Explore!